Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
Carbs: Carbs: 5.8
Net Carbs: 4.4
A tender, slightly smoky chicken breast with a broccoli and cheese stuffing and a rich, smoked paprika cream sauce that is very luxurious but also very low carb. It is so easy that you’ll make it often.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese • 1/4 cup cream, divided use
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut a pocket in the side of the chicken breast with a sharp knife.
- Pat the chicken dry, inside and out, with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the meat all over the top with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Set aside.
- Cook broccoli in a little water until very soft.
- Drain well.
- Add the drained broccoli back to the pan and sprinkle with the cheese and 1 tablespoon of the cream.
- Stir until the cheese is melted and turns into a sauce.
- Remove from heat and spoon the filling into the pocket that you cut in the chicken.
- set aside.
- Heat up the oil and butter in a small frying pan until it is very hot but the butter isn’t starting to brown.
- Carefully lay the chicken breast in the hot oil mixture, seasoned side down.
- Saute, covered, until golden brown on the bottom – about 5 minutes.
- Flip over carefully and cook until golden brown and the internal temperature is 160F.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Quickly pour the remaining cream in the pan.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until it is reduced by about 1/4 and thickens slightly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Spoon part of the sauce on a warm plate. Place the chicken breast on top and then cover with the remaining sauce.
- Serve hot.