- 2 bell peppers – your choice of color
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice up your vegetables of choice.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and vegetables.
- Cut peppers into equal halves. A tip: Try to buy peppers that are symmetrical and have somewhat flat sides – this makes it easier for them to balance while baking.
- Core the peppers so that they’re clean enough to add the filling.
- Pour a quarter of the egg / vegetable mix into each pepper halve, adding more vegetables to the top to fill in any empty space.
- Place on baking sheet and cook approximately 35 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy! I personally like mine with a dash of hot sauce on top.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Calories: 186
- Total Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbs: 12.1g
- Fiber: 4.0g
- Protein: 14.6g
By Kiri Rowan (PaleoGrubs.com)