Yield: 16 servings
Look no further, this is the ultimate low carb, gluten-free stuffing recipe. A perfect Thanksgiving side dish.
- 1 recipe Cheesy Skillet Bread
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- A day or two in advance, make the skillet bread and cube into 1/2 inch pi Preheat oven to 200F.
- Spread bread cubes on a large baking sheet and bake 2 to 3 hours, until well dried and cri Let sit out overnight to continue to dry.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add sausage; saute until just cooked through, about 6 minutes, breaking up large chunks with a wooden
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a large bowl. Add celery, onion, garlic, sage, salt and pepper to skillet and saute until tender, about 5 minut Add to sausage.
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a large 13×9 inch glass baking di Add cubed bread to sausage mixture. Add chicken broth and toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with cream and pour over mixture in bowl. Toss until well combined and transfer to prepared baking di Bake 35 minutes, uncovered, until top is crusty and browned.
Serves 16. Each serving has 334 Calories; 30g Fat (79.0% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 122mg Cholesterol; 529mg Sodium. Total NET CARBS = 2 g.