by Cleveland Clinic Wellness Editors
Simple to prepare, this dessert scores low in fat and calories but high on the flavor scale. Pumpkin is a great source of beta-carotene, a form of vitamin A that helps to promote healthy vision.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 small package sugar-free vanilla pudding
- 1 small package sugar-free butterscotch pudding 3 cups skim milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup fat-free Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup silken light tofu
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding, milk, pumpkin and spice.
- In blender container, blend tofu until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together tofu and Cool Whip and fold into the pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (1/2 cup): 130 calories, 1 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 11 g sugars, 9 g protein