“Mock” Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Sourced at: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe.html
Total Time:21 min Prep:15 min Cook:6 min
Yield:4 servings Level: Easy
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.
Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Calories 149 Total Fat 11.5g Saturated Fat 7g Protein 5g Total Carbohydrates 8g Sugar 4g
Chef: George Stella
Recipe courtesy George Stella