- 3 chicken breasts or 6 chicken tenderloins (deboned chicken thighs) ~ the tenderloins are a cheaper option
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- Lemon pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Note: Omit parmesan for a dairy free option.
- Cut the chicken in little pieces.
- Pat dry with a paper towel or a paper napkin. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine together the almond meal, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and parmesan cheese.
- Take a piece of chicken, dip it in the beaten eggs, and roll into the almond meal mixture.
- Place either in a greased baking dish or a greased crock pot.
- Repeat with all your chicken pieces.
IF YOU ARE USING A CROCKPOT: when the bottom of your crockpot is full, place a piece of parchment paper in which you have poked a few holes with a knife.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until your chicken is cooked through (this will depend on the size of your pieces). Bake for 10 minutes and then check regularly.
The simplest method is to do it in the crockpot. Bake in high for 2 to 3 hours.