From EatingWell: May/June 2009
24 servings | Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes Ingredients
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs , (see Tip), peeled
- 1/3 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives , or scallion greens
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Paprika , for garnish
- Halve eggs lengthwise with a sharp knife. Gently remove the yolks. Place 16 yolk halves in a food processor (discard the remaining 8 yolk halves). Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise, chives (or scallion greens), relish, mustard and salt; process until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons yolk mixture into each egg white half. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Per serving: 34 Calories; 2 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 1 g Mono; 71 mg Cholesterol; 1 g Carbohydrates; 3g Protein; 0 g Fiber; 85 mg Sodium; 31 mg Potassium
Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium- high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.