Stuffed Acorn Squash
October 15, 2015
1 acorn squash
2 stalks of celery
1 onion – diced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp rosemary
3 cloves garlic
1 lb sausage – browned
1 apple – diced
1 cup parmesan cheese – shredded
- Cut ends off acorn squash and then cut in half.
- Scoop out seeds from the acorn squash.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Then bake for 40 minutes at 400F.
- In pan, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil, add in 1 lb sausage and brown.
- Once sausage is cooked, drain grease.
- In another pan add in 1 cup diced onion, 2 stalks diced celery, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp rosemary and 3 cloves garlic and cook until tender.
- Once vegetables are tender, combine with cooked sausage and add 1 diced apple and1 cup parmesan cheese and cook until tender.
- Place in cooked acorn squash and sprinkle with a little more parmesan cheese and bake for another 20 minutes at 400F.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.