So-Fancy Fish Pack
December 16, 2014
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 205 calories, 4g fat, 412mg sodium, 6g carbs, 2.75g fiber, 3g sugars, 35g protein — PointsPlus® value 5*
This tastes like a fancy-schmancy restaurant meal, but it’s something you can whip up at home in a FLASH. Nothing fishy about that!
- 6 oz. raw tilapia, cod, or similar type of white fish
- 8 thin (or 6 thick) asparagus stalks, tough ends removed
- 2 slices lemon
- 1 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, parsley, garlic, and salt to form a thick paste. Set aside.
- Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil in front of you. Line up the stalks side by side (like a raft) in the center of the foil. Lay the fish on top of the asparagus.
- Spread butter mixture evenly over the fish, and top with lemon slices. Fold and seal the top and bottom edges of the foil, and then the side edges, to create a well-sealed packet.
- Place packet on a baking sheet, and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes, until asparagus is tender and fish is cooked through.
- Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut to release steam before opening it entirely. (Careful – – steam will be hot.) Arrange fish and asparagus on a plate (use the lemon slices as a pretty garnish), admire, and eat!